« Disagreements and child custody | Main | Cyberdivorce...what next? »

November 08, 2007


Unsure Mother

What do I do if the father only sees his child about 2 times out the month and he threatens the mother that if she file for child support he will file for physical joint custody so that he will not have to pay?


How do I get the mother of my son address to serve her with visition? Iv tried mdhr they dont give out information.I pay 582/m CS and 490/m health insurance ,also mother pays 290/m insurance.I have two older boys 7/11 by different mother. Why didnt I get credit for my sons that I support 100% in my home?Im only left with 1,800.00/m to support my famliy .Im current with all child support payments.

Heather Sunderman

Hi William,
If you don't have the address, you will probably need an attorney to help you. Attorneys have access to resources to find her, and if she can't be served you many need to have alternative service, which can also be tricky.

The comments to this entry are closed.

My Photo
9.6Heather Lynne Sunderman


  • Copyright Info
    Material on this site is written by and copyright of Heather Sunderman, unless otherwise noted. For permissions to reprint or reproduce this information, please email.
  • Please note!
    The author of this blog, Heather L. Sunderman, is an attorney licensed to practice only in the State of Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Virginia. The purpose of this site is to provide some general information and commentary for anyone interested in family law. No legal advice is provided on this blog, and no attorney-client relationship is created by viewing or commenting on this blog. Your comments and emails are welcomed, but for your protection, please don't post confidential information about yourself.
Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 11/2006
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Become a Fan